Winter is the coziest season of all for selling. There is nothing like a buyer previewing a property that has an inviting fire in the fireplace, the subtle smells of cider or freshly baked cookies, and subtle lights on bushes or landscaping to make the snow twinkle.
Seller: Cold weather means limited inventory and yet it is the perfect season to make your home especially welcoming.
Some great tips for staging and showings
- Light the fire
- Have cozy throws draping furniture
- Stage your entry and mudroom with warm boots and jackets
- Hats and mittens warming by the fireplace
- Simmer cider or cinnamon sticks in the crock pot-keep it subtle
- Freshly baked cookies or bread on the counter
Winter is a great selling season and unfortunately the listings are fewer! Buyers are anxious to preview as the cold weather means they have a less stressful schedule, there are fewer activities outside, and it’s the time of year when they feel they need more living space.
In the Sheridan area the interest rates are still low which makes it an inviting time to purchase a home!
by Cyndee Jacobson
Licensed Wyoming Real Estate Specialist
Leave a Reply